In order to view the content, you must install the Adobe Flash Player. Please click here to get started.
- Vtreous gel inside the eye contracts as we get older
- Vitreous membrane separates from the retina
- Separation produces vitreous debris seen as "spots" by the patient
- Traction at attachment points may produce symptoms of "flashes of light"
- Monitor the condition until the vitreous detachment stabilizes
- Retinal consultation for prolonged vitreomacular traction or peripheral retinal disease